Sunday, December 13, 2009

Day Four - Florida - St Augustine - Statesboro

Day Four

We all slept in a bit today. Amelia seems to have her body clock adjusted now. It was quite a warm day and some people are even in swimming. You can tell the northerners - they are all wearing shorts and t-shirts in a Southern winter. It started raining as we left Cocoa Beach and pretty much rained all day.

We stopped at St Augustine the old european settlement in the USA. We did a tour which would have been beautiful if it hadn't been raining so much. It is a place that I would love to come back and visit again in better weather.

We continued north and stopped at a Cracker Barrell for dinner. They have the most wonderful country store attached but I was only given 5 minutes to browse before we hit the road again.

We arrived at Stateboro at 9:45pm and had a short visit with Joe's mother then headed for our hotel to check in. I was awake until about 1am!!!

This hotel has a computer in every room and free wifi but I haven't figured out how to upload pictures on this computer. I may need to do it from Joe's lap top. Anyway, I hope to have pictures up tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment